[pybsddb] DBEnv open fails with DBNoSuchFileError

Doug Winter doug at isotoma.com
Mon Oct 13 10:28:22 CEST 2008

Yongqian Li wrote:
> Thank you very much for your response. This has indeed fixed my
> problem. I would suggest however that you add a sentence to the Python
> documentation about the flags as most people would skim over the long
> Oracle docs.

Seriously, and I speak from experience, if you don't read those docs you
are in for a world of pain.  You will need to really understand all of
it before you deploy anything in production.

BSDDB is very powerful, bit it has no safety catches.  If you don't
really understand what you are doing, you are going to lose a lot of data!

Cheers,

doug.

--
Isotoma, Open Source Software Consulting - http://www.isotoma.com
Tel: 01904 567349, Mobile: 07879 423002, Fax: 020 79006980

Registered in England.  Company No 5171172.  VAT GB843570325.
Regd Office: 3&4 Park Court, Riccall Road, Escrick, York, YO19 6ED